I know a lot of people hate to make New Year's Resolutions because they are just the same old thing repeated every year or doomed to fail in the first few days, so why bother. But I like to make resolutions. Mainly because I like to make lists. Yeah, I'm one of those list-people. But not in an obsessive way, mostly as a procrastination technique. If I have a lot of stuff to do, I like to sit down and "organize my thoughts" but really it's just an excuse not to actually start doing all that stuff. If you've ever given me anything but never received a thank-you note, I can guarantee that your name is on a list somewhere. Thank you for your kindness, I appreciate your gift. (Well, now I can cross your name off my list. Just kidding!)
Probably most of you don't really care about my resolutions, so this is mostly a personal exercise of self-reflection on my own life. Plus making it all public might make me more accountable to my goals. Before I start my list for 2008, I'd like to review my list for 2007 and see how I did.
1. Read one book a month. If I average this out over the whole year, I actually accomplished this goal! I didn't realize this when I started to write this blog, but when I sat down and started counting (and referred to my Shelfari bookshelf) I was pleasantly surprised my count added up to 14. Wow, I had no idea that I actually accomplished a New Year's Resolution. That puts me in a good mood.
2. Exercise more/ lose weight. This is pretty much a permanent resident on my resolution list. I did really good for the first 9 months of the year. Losing weight was somewhat easy since I had a lot of Charlie weight to lose. And I worked out at Curves regularly until we moved in June and for a while at our new house I had a pretty good exercise routine with Jane Fonda going. I had lost all my Charlie weight and was starting to lose those last 10 stubborn Coulson pounds. But for some reason in October, I let it all go. I must have gotten bored with Jane or something, because I stopped exercising and went and gained 10 more pounds! Ugh!
3. Learn Spanish. Another permanent entry. I must have spent all my time reading because I didn't do anything towards this goal.
4. Clean my house more. Ha, ha, ha, ha! That's funny.
And now for my 2008 goals (okay, it's kind of boring):
1. Read one book a month. Why mess with a good thing? I welcome any suggestions for good books to read.
2. Exercise more/ lose weight.
3. Learn Spanish.
4. Make Casey get a better job so I can pay someone to clean my house.
No comments:
Post a Comment