Thursday, January 03, 2008

Featured Technology: Skype

I just wanted to put a little plug-in for Skype.  It's a web-based phone program that allows users to see and talk to other users over the computer - no matter where they are!  There are some features that are available for a fee, but the basic computer-to-computer video chat is free.  We signed up so our boys can see their grandparents when they talk to them on the phone, but it's also fun to talk to other friends and family.

Anyway, I wanted to celebrate Skype today because I'm grateful for how I've been able to keep in touch with my parents while they've been in Kenya.  And especially during the post-election crisis, it's been reassuring to see them and hear them and know that they are safe, and also to get an insider's perspective on the situtation.  So - Thanks Skype!

Send to a friend

No comments: