Monday, April 21, 2008

A new roadside flower blooms in NC

Recently I've been spotting these around my neighborhood:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

If you had asked me back in January whether I liked Obama or Hillary, I would have responded that it didn't matter because I wouldn't need to decide - the candidate would already have been chosen well before North Carolina's May primary.  I learned this lesson back in 2000 living in Pennsylvania when I realized that I wouldn't be able to vote for Bill Bradley because Al Gore already had the spot months before PA's April primary.  So I was resigned to my role as spectator in the primary circus.  But, barring any craziness from the PA primary on Tuesday, now it looks like I might have the opportunity to participate!  So now I have to go and do all the research and form an opinion. 

Some might be surprised that I should even have to think about this decision.  For my one brother, the choice is obvious.  For the rest of my family, there's no reason to make a choice in the first place.  Casey wants someone with experience.  I told Coulson about the three people who want to be the next president and he said he would vote for John McCain because there's a boy in his class named John.  I think he's just sucking up to his grandparents. 

Read and post comments | Send to a friend

1 comment:

nanna said...

Which set of grandparents would that be??