The master bedroom in our new house is on the main floor, but we've been sleeping upstairs since we moved for a couple reasons. First, the boys' bedroom is upstairs and they often wake up in the middle of the night and need assistance. And I figured with all the adjustments that come with a move and new home and new town that these midnight disturbances would likely increase and I didn't want to have to run up the stairs in the middle of the night. Second, since the knobs were always falling off and some of the drawers were permanantly off their tracks and Chester had scratched up the wood pretty badly, we were planning on getting a new bedroom set for ourselves and using our current set for a guest bedroom. So we had the movers take our bedroom furniture upstairs and we've all been sleeping up there for the past couple months. We still have a few awakenings at night, but the boys are pretty comfortable in the house now, so they're not waking up in a strange place anymore.
Well, today our new bedroom furniture arrived. Sure, it's very nice and all, but what I really want to tell you about is our guest room. For the first time in my adult life, I have a designated guest room! I love having visitors and now I can easily accommodate my guests in comfort. The guest room has an attached bathroom that leads to our office - the perfect spot to put up a pack-n-play if our guests need it. So now all my friends are welcome to invite themselves over - we can't wait to see you!
No comments:
Post a Comment