Coulson doesn't like to be the center of attention among large groups of people. Our church has a special "Children's Time" every Sunday during the service when all the kids go up front to hear a special message just for them. For the first 6 months of attending the church, I had to go up there with him. A few months ago he started going on his own as long as one of his friends was right there with him to walk down the aisle. Gradually he's gotten more comfortable with Children's Time and the past few weeks he been running down the aisle, so there's hope.
Back to Faith's wedding - So I've been talking about it with Coulson for a while now. A small part of him wants to be the ring bearer, but mostly he's terrified about everyone watching him. We decided to throw Charlie in with him, thinking that it might be easier to walk down the aisle with someone else. That didn't seem to help. We tried "incentivizing" him with candy at the end of the aisle. Nope.
But this week we may have had a breakthrough. On Easter Sunday, one of Charlie's friends was wearing an adorable outfit: dress pants, shirt and tie, and a vest. I asked his mom where she got it and luckily they were on sale at Sears. So Casey went out the next day and got outfits for both boys. They were so excited that they had to try them on immediately and they started practicing carrying pillows down the hall. The wedding is a "black and white" wedding, so I'm going to look for white shirts and black ties instead of the pink and blue that came with the outfits. And please don't tell Coulson that his shirt is pink. He's colorblind (for real) and he thinks his shirt is white. Casey called me from the store and asked if Coulson would mind if the shirt was pink. I said, "He's colorblind. He won't know it's pink." And sure enough, when we pulled the outfits out of the back, he exclaimed, "I want the white one!" Hopefully for the wedding he'll have a real white shirt.
The boys loved wearing their little suits. They didn't want to take them off. Coulson wanted to wear his shirt and tie to school the next day. But I'm afraid someone will tell him it's pink, so I said no. I put the outfits away so that they can save their enthusiasm for the wedding.
3 comments:
Wow, does Coulson look like Casey! And Charlie looks like your dad. Usually I'm not good at family resemblance, so maybe it's just that obvious in this case.
Our ring bearer told his mom right before the wedding that he wasn't ready to get married yet. He thought that's what we expected him to do, so it was a big relief when she assured him we just wanted him to carry the rings down the aisle.
I had no idea Coulson was color blind!
It takes a real man to wear pink! Yay Coulson, even if you think it's white.
Try sears or kohl's if you have them near you for white little boys dress shirts..
Post a Comment