Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Weekend Getaways

On Sunday I got back from my 4th annual girls' weekend with my best friends from high school. This year I went to visit them in Decatur, GA (right outside Atlanta). As usual, I will let Christi tell the story because she can do it so much better and with much better detail - I wouldn't be able to tell you what I ate at each meal, much less what Christi and Kate ate, but in case you are wondering, it's all in her blog post. I love that we are still in touch after all these years and we can get together once a year and enjoy each other again. It's always fun and relaxing to be together and I'm looking forward to our "knitcation" next year.

Right now I'm at the Biltmore House in Asheville celebrating my 9th anniversary with Casey! We are enjoying all the luxury and the peaceful mountain views. It's the middle of the week, but we are only here for 2 days, so it kinda feels like a weekend getaway. Today we toured the mansion and the winery and tomorrow we are going to ride our bikes around the property - they have a lot of nice bike trails. We'll probably also see the mansion again and walk around the gardens before indulging in a fancy dinner.

I love these weekend getaways. These 2 getaways back-to-back are probably a little rough on the boys, but I'm grateful that there are so many other people in their lives that can love on them while I'm gone - my husband, my parents, in-laws and dear friends have all helped to give me these two much needed breaks. I'm actually looking forward to next week - no VBS, no half-day camp at the Y - just me and the boys enjoying the summer!

No comments: