Being the mom in the household, I have often taken for granted that I am usually the healthiest member of the household and I do like to rub this fact in whenever Casey is sick, since he generally eschews preventative measures such as exercise and vitamins (eschews - I'm studying for the GRE, can you tell?) Last year I can only remember getting sick once with a cold that lasted less than 2 days - I think I took some cold-eeze or zinc or something at the first symptom. Although the year before that I did get pretty sick, at which I time I realized that sometimes it is worthless to have a doctor in the house.
Well, I don't have the flu (got both flu shots this year, being pregnant and all) but I have the ugliest, nastiest, sneakiest cold ever. It started innocently on Monday night with a sore throat. Gradually on Tuesday I accumulated a slight cough. On Wednesday, my sore throat worsened and I woke up with nasal congestion and a headache. On Thursday, with the sore throat, nasal congestion and headache persisting and my cough worsening, I woke up with a slight case of pink eye in my right eye. By evening, I had an earache in my right ear, which got worse when I tried to go to bed, but I eventually made it to sleep. Now this morning I woke up with some gunk and slight pink eye in my left eye, which terrifies me that an earache in my left ear is in my near future.
And I'm eight months pregnant, so I'm already uncomfortable enough physically, so I don't need all of these other issues going on!
A new symptom each day - How many more symptoms can I possible get? And since I'm pregnant, I'm demure (another GRE word) to take medicine unless absolutely necessary (which Casey thinks is just a form of self-torture since lots of medicines have been proven safe) but I might have to take something besides Tylenol to combat some of these symptoms.
But Casey is home today, so I am taking a sick day. He got up with the kids this morning and got them all ready for school without any issues. Good practice for March ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ugh. I'm so sorry you're so sick, Val. It sounds terrible. I hope you feel better soon!
And I'm dying to see a pregnant photo. Feel like posting one any time soon? :) I can't believe you're eight months already!!!
Post a Comment