Saturday, May 16, 2009
"Ohhh, we're half way there ... Ohhh-OH! Livin' on a prayer! . . ."
That was Bon Jovi for those who don't know. So we've got 48 of 96 hours done, but that means the real endurance stretch comes tomorrow. So far Coulson has only watched 6 hours of television (for me that's pretty good) including Return of the Jedi twice. Plus the movie Bedtime Stories last night. Plus Diego x 2. So I guess that's more like 8 hours BUT I did get some stuff done today. I had bought this lemon lawnmower but fortunately a few minutes with my Dad and it's running like clockwork so I mowed the lawn and my Dad and I finished putting together this play-structure we have been working on. If you've been to Costco recently you've seen it, right next to the gigantic inflatable water slide thingy. I would call it a swing set but that really doesn't do it justice. It has over 1000 parts. Really, 1000 parts. I have been working on it for over a week. We ate hot dogs and chips for dinner and I realized at dinner that in the last 48 hours they have not had a single vegetable. Given that it just naturally occurred that way I have to assume that vegetables are not really something that we are supposed to eat but to make my parents feel better I told the boys that we would have to eat a vegetable tomorrow. Right now my parents are upstairs putting the boys to bed then they're heading home and I will be solo again. Oh Valerie, where are you?! Why would you do this to me? And then it hits me, it is for me to prove that I can parent as well as she can. I think I'm going to have to cut back on the T.V. - but how will I get all my internet stuff done? Oh the mystery of the mothering mind. Stay tuned for the surprise ending.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment